Sunday, April 26, 2015

Recital 2015: Thank you, Thank you very much!



It's RECITAL DAY!
It's the day the girls get to get on that BIG stage and dance and now twirl their little hearts out.
It's the day they get to wear make up.
It's the day they get to put on costumes.
It's the day all their hard work pays off.
It's the day we cheer their names (probably a little too loudly).
It's the day they make this momma PROUD!
Proud...
Proud...
Proud...


Anna loves the stage and she dances with so much life, sass, spirit, heart...
She just goes for it and has so much fun. 
Her and I both struggle with being anxious so one day I asked her how she could dance on stage without being nervous.  Her reply, "It's best at recital because you are on a huge stage, with a big spotlight, and you can't see anyone!"  I guess it's just her and the stage.  That is exactly how she dances on it too.
I really wish I had her nerve.  To get out on a big stage and perform.  She loves it - loves a stage.  I love attention but a stage absolutely TERRIFIES me!!  Another reason she's better than me.


Oh my Mary!!  This year while waiting during Anna and Riley's class Mary found Shalita and told her she wanted to twirl while she waited for them.  So before I know it she's signed up for Baton.  Shalita said, "My sweet Mary can do whatever she wants!   And she wants to twirl!"  Well, ok then!  I'm starting to realize people can't tell her no!  BUT, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Shalita for not telling her no because she has absolutely won my heart over with her twirling. 
She is my kid so I think she's great anyway...but I really think she's good at it.  I honestly thought we were all gonna be missing some teeth when she started but she is amazing us!  She has so much control and she is developing a passion for it.  It's her thing!   She had me in tears (the so proud happy tears) to the song "Knock on Wood" - that's ridiculous.  ha!

And dancing is also her thing!  She adores Mrs. Shalita I think just as much as I do.  But her dancing was so cute - she can shake it with the best of them.  It's crazy because she is so sweet, quiet, SLOW - but on the stage she turns into someone we don't get to see a lot at home.  And I just love watching her shine.  She's great!  Makes my heart so happy!


I'm so proud of my girls!  Very thankful the Lord saw fit to give them to me (plus the one waiting in the wings - ready to start dancing herself).


And then there's our BFF Riley!
We roped her into taking dance with us this year because she loves to dance.
And she loves being a Dollar
This girls got all kinds of rhythm.  
She's a nut.
We love her.
We can't live without her.
She's the 6th Dollar.
They call the the DiBeneDollars.


And here's my friend Shalita (blue scarf, red shoes.. seriously...RED SHOES!!).
She's my friend.  I'm not at all lying when I say that! ha!  
And if you could see her now.  Oh, if you could!!
Shalita, congrats to you - 10 years of OWNING your own studio.
(and by the way... where has the time gone?)
It seems like yesterday we were memorizing your studio PASSAGE (not verse).
I remember the day you told me about opening your own studio.
I remember praying for wisdom about the studio.
I remember only 2 teachers teaching at the studio.
I remember subbing for you when you were pregnant - pulled a little Jazzercise moves into the studio.  I'm pretty sure you had a pretty bad lapse of judgement at that point!  HA!
I remember being so proud of you...For doing something you said you would never do.  
Proud of you for letting the Lord lead you through it and trusting him.
Proud of you for being excellent at it (as unto the Lord).
Every year I'm proud you give your studio testimony - in that you never forget to tell the amazing story!
You give glory back to God.  I'm always so focused on my kids and how well they did and then you give your testimony and it reminds me just how much God worked in your life to even get my kids to the stage.  
And that stage is not about my kids or about you... It's about God!  And I love that you remind me of that every year.  Every year at the last song you say, "Page, remember this story?  Remember what God did?"
Thank you for obeying the Lord.  Because through your obedience my kids have an opportunity to dance on the big stage they love so much.
And they get to hear a testimony of a girl who obeyed God and was blessed in big ways.
And they get to see a girl who loves Jesus a whole LOT and lets him shine through her weekly.
And they get to look up to a girl that seeks after God!

I love you my sweet (most of the time long lost, my fault) friend.
We don't get to talk much anymore but I still treasure every CBS class we ever taught together, every Rebel Rouser prayer night, every dance class I sat in, and every text I get from you.  Thank you for continuing to plant gospel seeds in my kids, for loving them, praying for them, and teaching them how to dance (lord knows they kinda need help - ha)  And though I'm the worst dance mom ever ...  You are one of my neatest friends and I really love you! 



Cellphone pics:
Leaving them backstage!  Ready for the SHOW!
Sue took this picture in the audience.  You can't see her face but it is just a great picture to me!

After Baton...Mary's ready to tap - just in the nick of time! 

Beach Beauties.
Mary said she loves dancing with her "friend cousin LaLa"

My little BFF loving on Mary!

Sometimes...You just have to live through your kids.  Yes, we'll take all the rewards!
Thank you, Thank you very much!

My favorite nut faces!!


No comments: