Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014

We had a great Easter!

Funny story... I sing in the choir but the week before Easter Eden was sick so I had to stay home with her.  So I missed the practice where they said to wear BLACK/WHITE (on EASTER).  There was a rehearsal later in the week, which I went to but they did not say what to wear again. 

So, I take the kids Easter dress shopping the Friday before Easter.  Last minute decision to at least get the girls something (though everyone got something).  I was not going to get anything - but you know, it's hard to resist the dress rack at Ross.  PLUS, I wasn't even looking ... this dress was just pulled out hanging on the side of the rack - my size, calling my name.  $15 - I can do that.  SOLD to ME!  So cute... later I found a dress for Eden that sorta matched it. 

ANYWAY, my dress was green!  NOT BLACK nor WHITE.  So I show up on Easter in my new cute cute cute dress and noticed some people wearing black.  I thought - Oh that's sad, black on Easter?  But then I started seeing people I know would not wear black on Easter.  And then we all get up there in the loft to practice before Sunday School and I'm the ONLY ONE not wearing black.  I said, "Did I miss the memo?"  ... being funny!  And they all said YES!!  So they said, go home and change or we are handing you the mic.  That's the only way you can be different.  NO THANK YOU!!  I'll be right back.  So THANKFULLY we now live across the street and I could change.  So I wore black on Easter...BOO!





We had a GREAT Easter afternoon.  No plans whatsoever.  So we went swimming at our neighbors house for a little while.  The kids thought it was freezing so we didn't stay too long.  Then we did an Easter Egg hunt with our neighbors kids.  We hid around 100 eggs for the kids and then the kids wanted the parents to hunt eggs.  So... We did.  It was so much fun!  I love having fun neighbors with good kids.  We stayed out talking to them for hours.  A lot of fun! 





 
 








Happy 1st Easter Eden






No comments: