Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Day

I've woken up way too many a morning with no snow on the ground to believe when snow is predicted it will really happen.

We worked so hard on her shirt.  It was so cute!!  She was so cute! She survived 100 days...but now just barely!


The day started as Mary's 100th day of school!  Jason told me before I left work that it was supposed to snow today.  A dusting.  As I walked out the door I said, "It's not gonna happen."  By the time I got to work their was a flake here and a flake there falling.  When it somewhat started to fall Julie, Barbara, and I went out to get our snow picture.  We weren't expecting much more then what this picture shows.




Julie and I went to our meeting and it continued to fall.  And during the meeting all kinds of things started closing.  It was the big freak out us southerners do.  I really still thought it was no big deal.  The kids road the bus so they were taken care of and we finished our meeting and wrapped things up. Jason thankfully was at home with the babies and would receive the kids from the bus stop.

Briarwood when I left about an hour after the above picture!  Things changed FAST!



When I got in the car...I realized this was a big deal.  I was alone with a potential of being stuck.  I called Jason and told him I was on my way and he told me the girls had still not come home yet.  An hour after their dismissal.  That made me even more nervous.  I wanted to go find them, get them, rush to them but all I could do was go 20 miles an hour ALL the way home.  It took me about an hour.  The traffic was not bad at all at that point.  And it was interstate the whole way.  But it was scary.  I pulled up to the church which is our bus stop and sat with my friend (and church secretary) to wait for the kids.  She was dead set on finding the kids and she did.  But that required we go get them at the middle school.  DONE!!  I was doing that.  I just drove the interstate and I was going to get my kids.  Looking back now...I might have left them.  Ha.  Our good friend Adam works as a coach at the school and they totally would have been fine and had a blast.  And, in hind sight I might have stayed about Briarwood and got snowed in with Julie & Barbara who were stuck there.  But honestly, I did feel blessed to have our whole family together to enjoy the snow.  It was crazy and it could have been TERRIBLE.  The Lord was kind to us.


RML in snow!


Me and Coach Lewis!  He makes the best of bad situations!  TROOPER!


These kids are far from terrified.  They said it was the BEST DAY EVER!


Our road our driveway is on the right...



1st snow in the new house!

We spent the next several days playing in the snow and hanging out with our awesome new neighbors.


 






This was Eden's 1st snow.  And...she hated it!










RMLBC







No comments: