Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013

If you know us you know this past week we have been praying, pleading, begging with the Lord to show Himself as healer in the life of Darby Kate.  She has been in almost every thought this past week, in every prayer... she keeps me clinging to my phone and waiting for updates - we've cried and been scared, we've had hope and continue to be clinging to HOPE.  Her parents are amazing.  They are our age, they are clinging to our Savior - JESUS.  They have handed Darby Kate to him to have his way in her life.  They know HE will be most glorified in this situation and they wait and watch to see what he will do.  We go to children's trying our hardest to "minister" and be the body to them but they end up comforting us, ministering to us, giving us hope, pointing us to the Savior.  Several things come to mind when I think of them:  they have peace that passes our understanding, they are always saying "today, I'm going to be still and know that he is God", they have joy in suffering.  Anna said, "I don't want to go and be sad" and we left the hospital yesterday and they were saying..."I love that place..."CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL!  I love that the kids have seen a lot of heartache and suffering and it not being as those with no hope.  It started with Hazel... and now they are seeing it again with Darby Kate.  We have a Savior who has risen from the dead conquering death and defeat.  Living in US!  So even in death we live.  COMFORT!!  COMFORT!!



During church yesterday I got teary when the songs were sung.  There is one song the choir sang...

Hang out the Banners and Shout the news
Blow the trumpets and horns
Till there is no one who hasn't heard
WE SHALL NOT DIE ANYMORE

I'm here to tell you that Jesus lives
And as He lives so shall we
Dying and sin have all passed away
SWALLOWED IN VICTORY!

He is RISEN conquering Hell and the GRAVE
He is RISEN He has done what he says
He is RISEN no more death or defeat
He is RISEN He is living in ME
HE IS LORD HE IS LORD HE IS LORD!!!

Anna said, "Mom, why did you get so emotional!"  Because of the past week!!  Knowing that this battle is already been won.  We have a Risen Savior, he did what he said he would do.  We have life eternal, even in death.  The Easter story is so real this year!  So very real!!  And that makes me "emotional".  I love my little Anna.  She said, "Well, I don't like it when you get that way!"  So I had to reassure her I was not sad!   These were happy tears! 



So after church we continued to celebrate.  We had lunch with my sister and her family at Taziki's - which the kids did not love the food but they LOVED being together.  We wanted to go on a picnic but with the rain we decided out to eat was good enough.


Funny...Anna and Vivi could be sisters and Francie and Mary!! 


My heart can barely hold the love I have for this bunch!




After lunch we went home and changed and headed up to Children's to fellowship with the Roberts family.  Had a great time with them! 



It was a great Easter!  Thank you LORD for dying for my sins, suffering for me, taking my punishment and not only that but rising again...conquering death so I can live eternally with YOU!  Thank you that your blood covers me...That the Father does not see me, full of guilt and shame - that he sees YOU - the perfect sacrifice, without blemish!  Thank you Jesus...  



No comments: