Monday, August 20, 2012

First Day of School 2012

Once again it's hard to believe the summer has just slipped away and we are starting school all over again!!  We enjoyed a long summer, too, and I'm still not ready for it to end!  We got an extra week...WHOOP!  But, it's time to say goodbye.  The kids were excited to get back.  Anna kept saying..."I love school, everything about it, the teachers, the work, the play, the snacks, field trips, everything...but I just can't stand waking up at 6:30 a.m. to be there!"  Mother's child?!?  Most definitely!  But the first day is always easy to wake up to.  I wish everyday was that easy.  But I guarantee by the end of this week these sweet smiles will turn into dazed over blank stares as they make their way to the car.

Noah 5th Grade
Vestavia Hills Central

Anna 3rd Grade Rocker
Last Year at Vestavia Hills East
Anna is our talker...She is so funny.  She really really really wanted this purple shirt (with the sparkles) for the first day of school.  But she kept saying... "I don't want it to be too much!"  She wanted some plain pants to wear with it...not any fancy shoes, and when I requested to curl her hair she said, "NO!  That will be too much!"  She is just like me!!  She wanted to look good but not too good.  Where everyone notices and says something.   I know exactly how she feels, I never do anything fancy to my hair because I don't like when people say, "Wow, you got your haircut."  I don't mind outfits...shoes aren't my thing either...Don't need too much.

Noah didn't say much this morning.  He's excited to be going back to school.  He got up pretty easy and was nice to his sister...that won't last long either!  I can't wait to hear all about his day.  From what I understand neither of them knew anyone in their class.  Good thing they are outgoing and somewhat used to change.  I love our school system and excited about how much they will grow and learn this year.


Here we go again...Documenting the first day of school...

Oh, how the years go by...

2006-

Noah's first EVER day of school -
Anna wishing so much she could go with him!  This year it's Mary who would love to tag along!

2007 -

Noah goes to K5 & Anna goes to K4
(Anna is 3 here - her first ever day of school!)

2008 -

Anna K4 - Noah 1st Grade!

2009 -
Noah 2nd Grade, Anna K5
Oops... Same shirt!!
2010 -

Anna 1st grade Noah 3rd! First day at Vestavia East.
Noah is "trying" to be cool. He's not really mad. I do miss his sweet smile in this picture though!


2011 -
Noah 4th Grade Central...Anna 2nd Grade East
2012 -
And today...Anna's last year at East as a 3rd grader (Rockin' it) and Noah's last year at Central as a 5th grader!


I'm so excited about this year.  My sister is going to be a "stay at home mom" (hoping to see her more), Delilah got a job at the church (hoping to see her more), Erin is going to be a SAHM (hoping to see her more).  And lots of new and old friends I plan on catching up with...

So...Here's to 2012/2013!!! 




1 comment:

Silena Cvacho said...

I love Anna's shirt!! She is a cutie, Noah is too! I love looking back at all the first days of school!! They were so little!
Boo Summer is over!! Next summer I plan on being with you more and in the sun more~ maybe both at the same time!!
Hooray for school to start and routine!
Love,
Silena

Maybe you and I can get together for a lunch date!! One of my firsts!! ;)