Saturday, May 5, 2012

LAKE DAY!

We love going to the Lake.  It's NORM'S lake.  That's what we call it at least.  Some people call it Logan Martin - who's that?!?  No...It's Lake Norman to us.  We didn't get to go last year so we've missed it.  The gathering was for Mindy's birthday.  I felt so privileged to be invited.  And we had so much fun!

The lake was really low.  I didn't know why but they said it was because they dam up the water in the winter.  But I loved it low.  It was the first time that I was not afraid for my kids to not have their life jackets on.  It was LOW... I mean even Isaac could touch.  And I think it really helped Isaac fall in love with the water.  Last year he didn't want to go anywhere near the water and this year he was all over the place.  He had so much fun!

I don't love lake water!  I don't love water where living things live.  And Erin, every year makes me get in.  So, this is us "in" the lake.  And I did not want to get in but for the love of my friends...I sacrificed myself and entered the muddy water.  FOR THE LOVE...


Eeewwww....RIGHT?!?  But we had so much fun!  It actually was my favorite part of the day.

In other lake news and I have NO pictures of this because I forgot to bring my camera to the lake.  BUT, Isaac and Mary both did the tubes!  I was SHOCKED!! Isaac almost fell asleep riding his turn.  I was so proud of both of them.  Norm spoils the kids at the lake.  Not to mention Mindy took the kids on the Seadoo and tubing as well.  They are training them to be lake rats.



Noah went fishing and caught a couple of fish!  He loved that!




We had a great day and it was so fun to go and get our mind off the fact that we were leaving for the BEACH the next day!!  GREAT WAY TO PASS THE TIME!!!  Can't wait to go back!







1 comment:

Sweet Eshleman Marie said...

Great job you people are doing with this website. growth hormone