Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Mary


4 years ago yesterday... This was all I knew of the little baby I was about to behold.
We had no idea if she was a boy or a girl.
All we knew is that she was healthy.
We didn't even know that four years ago today she would be here.
She wasn't due until April 21st.
But true to Dollar baby timing she was 10 days early.


We were so surprised when Jason said, "It's Mary!"
I was convinced she was going to be a boy!
Not finding out was one of the best things I've ever done!

I thought she looked like Noah.
She was so sweet.


We were all so in love with her




She might have not have loved us as much


We take some getting used to...
We have a tendency to come on a little strong.
She was so serious, I remember thinking she did NOT like our family!


But by 5 months we put the silly in her!


And then she ran with it!!


And I thought turning one was hard to believe!  That first year went by SO fast!


One sweet little candle...

And then she was two ... that year flew by because she became a BIG sister and we started going to a new church.  All kinds of change happened that year!


 And two candles went on her cake!


And just that quick I put three candles on her cake.  THREE!!!


And this past year was FUN!!
She grew up a lot!
She became officially potty trained.
She got to take dance with Mrs. Shalita - who is now her best friend.
She spent countless hours with her Granny who is retired and keeps her now.

And today, I found myself playing with a four year old.  
The first thing she said when she woke up this morning was, "hey, Mom, I'm four now!"
And just like that...She's four!



We went to her favorite McDonalds right beside our house where her and Isaac LOVE to play.
It was wonderful weather, a little chilly with the wind.
A perfect sunny cool day.


Granny came to give her a present and we also picked some treats out at Edgars.  
She picked Strawberry cupcakes and they enjoyed a cookie from Edgars too.



We didn't eat the cupcakes yet b/c dad wasn't home (he was a church).
She also got to play at the park with Hannah and Ian while Delilah and I ran.
And then, we ended our night at the Waffle House.


And Saturday, we will put four candles on that sweet cake of hers!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY!  YOU ARE ONE LOVED LITTLE GIRL!!








3 comments:

Paula said...

Oh, Page! She is beautiful!!! Just like her mama! :)

Cindy Jones said...

Happy Birthday Mary!!! I can't believe that you are 4. It seems like yesterday that you and the twins were playing at dance waiting on Caitlin and Anna to get out of class.

Shalita said...

Happy Birthday My Sweet, Sweet Mary!!! You are a Precious Baby Doll and I just love you!!!! I cannot believe you are already such a big girl! I remember bringing bows to the hospital for your Mommy to put in your hair!!! I LOVED that she waited to find out what you were!!! You were such a GREAT JOY 4 years ago and you bring even more JOY today!

I LOVE YOU, MY LITTLE BEST FRIEND!!
Ms. Shalita