Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Continued: Aunt Terri's Annual Easter Egg Hunt



After church we headed to my Aunt Terri's house for our Annual Easter Lunch & Egg Hunt.  She had 800 eggs for us to hide for the kids.  The cousins discussed how when we were growing up we had to hide the eggs ourselves and they were real eggs, not eggs with candy or money in them.  Not to mention we had to hide them ourselves and take turns finding and hiding.  We came to the conclusion that the parents love the grandkids a tab bit more than us!  HA!  I absolutely love spending time with my family!  My grandmother, parents, sister, cousins, AUNT.  We can have the best times if we can just get together.



























 Look at how much these littles have grown through the years!!


Egg Hunt 2003 - Will and Noah when they were sweet and cute!


Not so sweet anymore!!  ha! 
They found the JACKPOT!


Josh Whitt is their new favorite cousin! Because he was very clever in his hiding of the eggs and hid A TON in this bucket behind the shed!


To say I was exhausted when we left is somewhat of an understatement. 



Jason had to get his truck from the church and driving home was so hard because I was so tired and had these 2 sleeping babies in the back seat. They played so hard. I love my aunts house with a fenced in backyard...PLAYED ALL DAY!! ALL DAY...and HARD! We got home at about 6 or 6:30 and I fell FAST ASLEEP until about 8:30 at which point I helped Jason get the kids to bed, looked at a few of the pictures I had taken of the day and then went to sleep again. 

I find myself very thankful for the family the Lord has given me!  They are a true gift from the Lord.  Thank you Aunt Terri for hosting such a huge fun event that we look forward to every year! 







Thankful the Lord has given us something to celebrate.  TRULY THANKFUL.  Thank for his resurrection and the promise of our resurrection and life everlasting with him.  The Lord has truly blessed us and we have not deserved it at all. 

Ps. 86:5
For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.

No comments: