Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Anniversary!


Today we celebrate 12 years of marriage. I thought I was happy here.


Oh how I had no idea what real joy is - what real love felt like... This couple was in love for sure. But now, 12 years later the depth is so great.

THIS is true love!
I wouldn't trade you Jason Dollar for anything. Almost everyday I'm amazed the Lord allowed me to find you and be your wife. YOU are truly one of God's BEST GIFTS to me!!

As I read 1 Cor. 13 I know for sure you have loved me!!

Love never gives up. (Let's just say - we're still married)
Love cares more for others than for self. (I see you do this everyday at home and also at church)
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have. (You always tell me...It's just you!  You don't want the prettiest smartest most talented...You like what you got!)
Love doesn't strut, (I'm bragging...but you are so humble when dealing with us)
Doesn't have a swelled head, (again,  no not you!)
Doesn't force itself on others, (EVERYDAY!!  You are never demanding about your desires)
Isn't always "me first,"  (just sometimes...ha...  YOU again!  Always so giving and easy going)
Doesn't fly off the handle, (BEYOND PATIENT with me and the KIDS)
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others, (I do this so much and you are so quick to forgive)
Doesn't revel when others grovel, (WORDS WITH FRIENDS)
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, (I see you seeking the Lord daily, as you sit in the "walking room" reading or praying and my heart feels content...hasn't always been that way but I envy your passion for Christ and His word.)
Puts up with anything,  (Let's just say it again, we're still married - thanks for loving me...I know it can be hard)
Trusts God always, (We've seen HIS hand too many times to "not to")
Always looks for the best, (YES!)
Never looks back, (Thank you)
But keeps going to the end.
Love never dies. (YIPPEE)

The Message



.. so thankful for your love and thankful that true love can be measured and I KNOW I AM LOVED BY YOU, only because Christ loves us both!  Thank you Lord for this beautiful thing called LOVE!  That it can be given and received.  Lord, I ask you make our marriage a picture of the Church!! Jason, you have given me so much, loved me so deep, lead me so right!  I love you babe!

1 comment:

JasonD said...

This is the sweetest thing I have ever read in my life! Page, thank you for putting these words together and lifting my heart. I do love you so deeply and I'm so thankful for you and our wonderful marriage!