Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Sweet Aunt Ruth

My sweet Aunt Ruth passed away, Saturday Feb. 25th.  She never was able to recover from a slight heart attack.  She was 84 years old.  I LOVE this lady!  In my eyes, the way I always saw her, she was the life of the party.  Always smiling and laughing (loud - I think it runs in the family).  She had the most handsome husband (my Uncle Robert) who passed away 18 years to the day that she did.  I remember going to visit her after he died and she was always so sad.  She missed him even years after he was gone.  She absolutely loved that man.  The way I hope to love, respect, and take care of Jason. 

There were 5 kids in her family.  She was the oldest girl (my grandmother is 4 years younger then her).  Her sisters said she was the pretty one.  She drove her parents crazy chasing boys.  But then she found Uncle Robert.  She is an extremely happy person can laugh at all times but she could also get real fired up.  She's not against protecting her family.  She was the glue that held her family together.  I love how her side of the family is so close.  Cousins are like siblings and she was the momma hen - for generations!  What a legacy.

My favorite story of her was when my cousin Rob (who was WILD at the time) was living with her and he had marijuana plant (in a pot) and she kept it alive for him!!  She thought it was a beautiful plant - he was thankful.  Never told her.  She's just that funny!! 

She brings a smile to my face!  She reminds me of my mom and I see a little of myself in her (personality wise).  I desire to take care of my family like she did, to love my husband like she did, to share the gospel like she did in life and words.  She is a great lady.  I'm thankful she knew the Lord and we will meet again.  I'm thankful she is worshiping her savior JESUS facetoface and united again with the ones she loved so dearly.

Her funeral service was so good.  The preacher did a great job preaching the word and encouraging us who are without her.  He taught on 1 Corn. the LOVE passage.  And how Ruth in heaven now, her love is complete.  She is experiencing LOVE to the fullest without earthly flaws ...

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

No comments: