Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Anna

It's so extremely hard to believe that our little Anna Noel is 8! She just keeps getting older, spunkier, prettier, funner, sweeter, clever-er, & lovelier! She remains the life of our party! You are dearly loved our sweet Christmas Present!



After all the celebrating of Anna it's FINALLY CHRISTMAS!! The kids were so ready for Christmas this year. Jason's parents came down Christmas day to celebrate Anna and to do Christmas with us. They got us a TV! So we spent the day with them and putting the TV together then watching it a little. My parents came over Christmas Eve night to give Anna her Birthday Present - that dog in the picture and give their Christmas Eve PJs. (On a side note I'm sad I didn't have my flash b/c I ended up not liking my pictures this year - better luck next year.)





Getting their pictures is one of the hardest things to do and I didn't have my flash so it was already a challenge. But this is real life.


Anna being SILLY!
Mary being SAD!
Isaac watching the LEG LAMP on TV! He just can't take his eyes off it.
And this is what I got when I convinced him to look at me!

And Noah somehow got out of getting his picture made! STINKER!

It really didn't feel like Christmas Eve this year! Not sure why. But as I was putting the kids to bed I asked Noah, "Does it feel like Christmas Eve to you?" And he said, "NO! Not really!" They didn't act like it either. They all went right to sleep. No fear of waking anyone up when I was banging around trying to get the presents inside to wrap. They were SOUND ASLEEP!

I was so thankful that Jason helped me wrap presents this year. With 4 kids the gifts can rack up. I love Christmas. I probably buy the kids too much, but my parents always made Christmas so magical and I want to do the same. I'm not as good as my mom - but I give it my best shot. With all the picture taking I was able to buy all the kids presents without really taking any money from our account. It is the greatest feeling not going into debt! GREATEST! So I have no regrets!
Mary's Spot

Noah's Spot

Isaac's Spot

Anna's Spot

Santa did have a sleigh incident though. A couple of present fell off the sleigh - 2 of everyone's! We were storing our presents at my friend Julie's house and before they left to go out of town I went over to her house and gathered all our stuff. EXCEPT I left out Anna's pottery wheel (which she said was the ONLY THING SHE WANTED), a Toy Story Barbie set, Isaac's Diego backpack, and a Thomas book. Nothing was as important as that Pottery Wheel. All I could think of was Anna saying. "Mom, I'll give everything back just to have that Pottery Wheel" - that was just days before Christmas. Sometimes I forget she's a drama queen. I tried to go to Toys R Us but they were closed. I was just going to buy it again and then return the ones Julie had. So, I came up with a plan to hold out 2 of everyone's gifts and we would do Christmas again when Santa got his sleigh turned around. So I warned the kids before they opened their presents. Because, I know Anna, and I know she would have been upset.

So Jason and I continued to wrap presents and finally got in bed around 1:30 a.m. - only to have to wake up by 6:30 am to get presents opened, somewhat enjoyed, and ready for church and Huntsville.


All was right in the world by 1:30 a.m.

No comments: