Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas 2012

6:30 a.m came way too early. I love going to Church on Christmas Day but this year we weren't woken up by the kids but by the alarm clock, so I did miss their excitement! We had to wake the kids up - which meant some of them were not happy, ahem Isaac, who we had to convince to open his presents by giving him Skittles.

Jason read them the Christmas Story so we could remember why we were even giving gifts. They sat and listened occasionally glancing to their gifts and also waking up! They each found their little "spot" of presents and with excitement began to open.



Noah got: A ripstick, Beyblade Stadium, Beyblades (all different kinds), leggos, Smurfs & Yogi Bear movies, Boots, Shaun White Skateboarding Wii game & Tron Wii game, Ripley's Believe it or Not book, Microscope and microscope slides.



Anna got: Pottery Wheel, Toy Story Barbies, Barbies that care for Dogs, Barbie Vet bag, Silly Hair Lalaloopsy, Boots, Judy Moody & the Not so Bummer Summer movie & Snowbuddies Movie, Barbie Fashion Pup Wii game & Chipwrecked Wii game, Clarice Bean book set, Bizu bracelet holder and beads, Karoke machine and CDS,




Mary got: Minnie shopping cart, a mini lalaloopsy, Lalaloopsy magnets, and Bea's little sister Lalaloopsy, a Lalaloopsy sleeping bag, Tangled Wii game, Gnomeo & Juliet, laptop, Minnie Backpack, DS Holder (minnie mouse), Princess dress up clothes and shoes, Princess book, My Little Pony that walks, & a remote control My Little Pony




Isaac got: a Thomas the Train trike, Thomas Misty Island, Bash & Dash & Spencer, Diego Animal Rescue wii game, Tools, Thomas book set and Thomas book, Cars 2, Diego Rescue Pack, Follow me Thomas,




Jason got: a mug that says "Worlds Greatest DAD!" and has pictures of the kids on it, A collection of Starbucks Christmas Coffees, a mouse pad, a calendar, holiday assorted nuts, jeans and a shirt, & 2 canvas prints of our family.



I got: A NEW CAMERA BAG! It's beautiful. A necklace from JJ Heller it says "You make me believe in love" - it's one of my favorite songs - it also is beautiful, an electric razor (thinking about shaving more this winter - ha), Meet the Browns - Season 1-4, (that was a long awaited gift), I also got a Christmas Story, a scarf from a Dirty Santa party Jason went to (it's pretty), and calendar with pictures of our family.




Then off to church we went. I loved seeing and worshiping with all our friends on Christmas day. It was such a special tone and mood. It was beautiful. And to top it all off Peggy Johnston sang O Holy Night and I wondered just how long you could sit with chill bumps before something strange happened to your body. Eventually my eyes just filled with tears, to say it was beautiful feels like an understatement. There was no nursery, the music kept the kids attention, but I vaguely remembered what Jason preached about while I wrestled with the kids! I am so thankful that music can lead you to worship just like a sermon can - so I still felt blessed. We also took the Lord's Supper which is so special. We wished all our friends a Merry Christmas and headed off to my Grandmother's house to spend Christmas with my family. I love that tradition more than words can say!

My grandmother seemed to be doing really well this year. I love seeing her and spending time with her. She is such a precious gift from the Lord. We also visited with my sister and some of my cousins. I haven't seen my sister much the past couple of months so it was so fun to sit and chat with her! We also enjoyed the FOOD! It was especially good, AND once more - I packed on a few more pounds. Too bad we don't hibernate! I think I could!



Every year, even since I was little we have read about the Christmas story and the great story of salvation. My grandfather puts together a 12 page paper that we all take turns reading - every year. It such a sweet thing to watch our kids participate and knowing that Noah and Anna will have the same memory I do.












No comments: