Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Inspiration

While Jason was away I picked up my "Read the Bible in a Year" plan (which it has taken me 2 years to get where I am now, not even halfway there!) but I'm trying! That's beside the point!


I was in the Word - and I was reading 2 Chron. 10-12, not really expecting the Lord to speak to me. But he did. And it was funny! I was really wanting to complain about the kids - just the constant work they are especially while Jason was away and then I read this..."Rehoboam loved Maacah the daughter of Absalom above all his wives and concubines (he took eighteen wives and sixty concubines, and fathered twenty-eight sons and sixty daughters)." Okay Lord, I can handle my 4 kids (2 sons and 2 daughters)! I can, I CAN!! Thank you Lord for showing me that it can be worse, I could have a ton of kids and some wives to deal with!! Oh, I love how the Lord knows how to speak to me.




Then on a different day I reading a devotional the College Pastor here at Briarwood had written and one of his points was this verse: “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven” (Matt. 5:14-16). This was right after the girls from church had come over to spend time with me, Erin and Mindy cleaned my carpets, and Marybeth cut my hair. I was struck that it said, "they will see your GOOD WORKS and glory the Father." These girls were ministering to me with their good works and I will give GLORY to the Father. I was so encouraged, the Body of Christ is a beautiful thing. May I minister to the WORLD as I've been ministered too!



Thank you Lord for your love.

1 comment:

Hugs said...

Beautiful post. Children are a gift from the Lord, truly. We are still praying to open that present. :)