Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Bag...


Friday after the storms Briarwood did a "Sandwich Drive" for survivors/workers and others effected by the storms! My friend Julie and I gathered our sandwich supplies Thursday and went to work Friday. I hate things like this because I'm not a leader...I'm a follower! I feel like I'm in the way without a clear task. So, it looked as though we were gonna make sandwiches! So we hop in a line close to the front and they said...we need to write the verse on these bags! I love to write and it would get me out of the hussle and bussle of the assembly line. So, I spoke up! Let me and Julie write! Not sure Julie was too happy about me volunteering her - but we had a great time!

We wrote Ps. 9:9 "The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble." on (I would say hundreds) a lot of bags! That was our job. Needless to say, we memorized it! I loved it! And then today I was reading Briarwood's weekly and I saw my bag in the hands of a victim or worker of the storms and my heart was so happy - I was hoping they would see the verse and not just the food.

Thank you Lord for allowing me to serve you in the midst of such a terrible tragedy. And thank you for allowing me to see the finished product! Your love and your words are the only ones that comfort! You are a GREAT God - please be so real to those affected by the storms! Shine YOUR light into the lives of those who lost everything! Be their everything!

No comments: