Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend...


Words cannot explain how great our Memorial Day Weekend was. It was a much needed break for Jason and me! The Singles Ministry I work with at Briarwood asked Jason to be their speaker at this years BEACH RETREAT! I could not have been more thrilled! All expenses paid with my good friend Julie and no kids! Yes, Jason will gladly teach apologetics at the beach retreat this year! THANK YOU!






We had so much fun. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY KIDS! Didn't miss them a bit! They were enjoying time with Granny and Grandaddy! They were in the safest hands! And I know they were loving their days with them.


We spent the mornings with Jason teaching, our afternoons at the pool with my favorite drink: pina coladas everyday while Jason played golf with Julie's husband, after the pool we took a nap and then headed off to night sessions and dinner! Nothing was work! Nothing! We just got ourselves ready for the day, the pool, the beach, to eat...it's really amazing how much you do when you have kids that is just everyday life.




The first day we got there I said, "Let's go down to the pool a while!" And Jason said, "That's too much work!" - What? We don't have kids! How soon we forgot ... it was no work at all! Just a short walk!


We stayed in Seaside and the Majestic Sun was the beautiful view we beheld out our window! (Which by the way, thanks to FB I found out our friends Jae and David were staying there and we got to see them too - ADDED BONUS). We slept in a king size bed with a huge sliding glass door out to the patio! The first night we had the curtains open enjoying the thunderstorm that was passing through! The place was beautiful, the weather was perfect, the pool was cool, the food was good, the company was SUPERB!! I mean...I cannot complain! That was one of the best weekends we have had in a LONG time!








Thank you G&C for allowing me to tag along - we really enjoyed every minute of it!

2 comments:

David Skinner said...

Woot Woot!! Loved seeing yall there. Maybe we should take a beach trip together one year. See yall soon.

Silena Cvacho said...

Ok! I am just now seeing this post!! You keep squeezing in these posts and I forget to go back and read up on you guys! I am so jealous you got to go to the beach!! I am happy for you guys though! You deserved a good break!! Love ya!