So, this LONG awaited day - The day I've been dreading/anticipating for over year now is FINALLY HERE! The "hopefully" LAST "change" in our year's worth of changes! We are enrolled and attending public school this year - Vestavia School System! And guess what?!? They aren't monsters! ha! It's actually a GREAT school! I think Jason and I made a very wise choice when this task was upon us - to find a school for our kids!
So, I'm getting this off my chest!
The things I hate:
1. that STARTING OVER feeling (it puts a knot in my throat)
2. not knowing ANYONE
3. missing the familiarity of friends (and family) at SMCS
The things I love:
1. all the staff we have come in contact with at Vestavia are SO nice and one lady remembered the kids names after one day - I was impressed!
2. the teachers have individual websites with updated pictures of the class and notes from the teacher
3. the school bought all our school supplies!!!! We paid them, of course, but not as much as what I normally spend. I think that's the GREATEST thing. I usually LOVE to buy them but with 4 kids finding enjoyable time to go and do that is SLIM TO NEVER!
4. OK..this I REALLY LOVE - Noah has 2 HUGE Mac's in his classroom! HA! Anna's class has computers too but I didn't notice if they were Mac's or not
5. the school is very technologically advanced - smart boards, computers, etc.
6. the kids get out at 2:35 - can I tell you that makes a world of difference to them?!?
7. watching the kids get excited as they roam through the hallways
One thing I thought was hilarious that the kids are super excited about is their LUNCH ACCOUNT NUMBER! They are so excited to memorize it and the fact that they they get to punch it in when they order a lunch! Anna even has a practice key pad (on a piece of paper). Should I tell them they will not be using that for a few weeks! I'm packing lunches at first! We got a cool new lunchbox that matches our backpack! Also, the 3rd graders get slushies every Friday! They are also excited about their carpool number - how it hangs on my mirror and they also have a tag that goes on their backpack! Oh, the joys of the simple things in life!
The things I noticed were "God" things as we started today was: Anna
1. Anna's desk is RIGHT next to the teachers! HA...it's like she knows!
2. A note from Anna's teacher says: "I have high academic, behavioral, and social expectations...I believe that children live up and down to the expectations placed on them. I also believe in challenging your child to do and be the best that they can be." Sounds like a LASSO to me!! I think this teacher will be GREAT for Anna.
3. Her teacher has been teaching school for 29 years! She started teaching a year after I was born...HA! I think she's got this thing down pat! I take much comfort in that!
1. On the teacher website Noah's teacher's favorite book is listed as the Bible. This is very good for Noah to have a teacher that is a believer! They will have lots to talk about I'm sure!
2. Noah's class nick name is "Wall's Winners" (the teacher is Ms. Walls) - and if you know Noah, he LOVES to win! She says "A winner is someone who always tries their very best." I'm excited to see how well Noah does in her class!
So tomorrow is the big day! Anna says she's not sleeping tonight and Noah, who once gave me down the road about going to a new school, wishes he could have stayed there until 3 today!
Note to self:TOMORROW: We will all take a deep breath, hold our heads up high, and walk into our new school with a positive attitude and disposition. The Lord has a plan for us and we believe this is where we are supposed to be. I am trusting in him and believe he will continue to mold and shape us into his likeness - even in this change!
I'm very happily married to Jason Dollar for 9 years now!! AMAZING! Time flies. I'm Noah, Anna, and Mary, and Isaac's Mom - Lovin' that too! I thank God for his MANY blessings for His provisions!! They are abundant!