Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Another Success

My prayer this week...
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

I find myself wanting to be excellent in this photography field and then think "that's so prideful and sounds so wrong!" Then this verse popped into my head and I began praying it. All this "work" is for the Lord - may it please Him! And as I work hard, and as I want to be excellent - may it be for His pleasing - not mans! I pray he continues to use me - for HIS glory! And I pray HE is pleased with the work that was done.

This past year Mindy has really become a good friend of mine! She has been a lifesaver to me on more than one occasion. A couple of weeks ago she was engaged to Lee - which by the way - she has been hiding! He is such a fun guy. She made me nervous saying "he wasn't gonna smile a lot, he was gonna be nervous, he hates to be put on the spot..." In my mind all that meant, "This is not gonna be fun for him, it's actually gonna be uncomfortable - and he's gonna wanna get it over with ASAP." QUITE THE OPPOSITE (or he played it off well) - he is so funny, fun to be with, a good sport, and in love with Mindy. We had quite a few laughs!


video

"Outtakes" -
Shea found us in the field - she was escaping from the babies!! Funny she told Jeremy she was going to the Dollar General - Shea - that was clever! He would NEVER figure out you were coming to the "Dollar-General" photoshoot - ha ha ha!!

On a funny note...IT WAS HOT OUT THERE yesterday! I was DRIPPING with SWEAT - DRIPPING! And Mindy (and Lee) remained flawless! FLAWLESS!! Me and "my assistant" Erin we ended the shoot like this ...

2 comments:

Jae said...

They look good! You are becoming quite the photographer! Great job.

Jason Dollar said...

I'm glad you are working through all the emotions and spiritual implications of being given a gift. If it is a gift of the Spirit, obviously it is meant to serve the Lord and His people. Use it well, my Beloved. And know you have a #1 fan in me. I love you.

Oh, and good work Lee and Mindy.

Oh, and you too, E!