Friday, July 3, 2009

REALLY?!?

I think I need to change my blog from Dollar General to Really?!? Seems like I've said that a lot lately or...WOW...that's a word that I've said a lot lately too!

So the story goes...

We have had a GREAT summer so far! Staying super busy and doing a lot of fun stuff. This past week my friend Delilah (along with Hannah and Ian) spent Monday-Thursday with me because Jason was scheduled to teach at Camp Pearl in Lake Charles, LA (8.5 hours away!). That was all fine with me - planned months ago and since I've never had a baby at 37 weeks - ALWAYS mid 38 we were really fine with the idea of him going...UNTIL...it was time for him to go. We both felt extremely uncomfortable with the idea when the time actually came.

Last week, June 25, was my first visit where they would check me and get an idea of my progress! Well, I was progressing...2 cm - and Dr. Radbill told Jason that we probably wouldn't have the baby but it was not a good idea to go to LA. So, he decided on a "compromise" since in the past I haven't delivered early he would go to LA but be back in time for the Dr. visit Thursday. Delilah would be with me 24/7 "just in case." So, Jason left the camp Wednesday night at 8:30 pm and drove all night...getting home at 6:30 am - Delilah left around 7:30 am and I got up at 8:30 am to start getting everyone ready to leave.

Our plan for yesterday, July 2, was - get up and ready, take the kids to my dad - during my Dr. visit, eat lunch with Jason, get the kids and go bowling!

What actually happened...

Got up, got the kids to my parents house at 10:30 - Dr. visit at 11:00 - around 11:30 Dr. Adcock checked me and I was a "good 4 cm" and in somewhat pain - he said you can go downstairs and have a baby in NO TIME! I was immediately shocked at that statement (and so was Jason) - at 12:00 we go downstairs, break my water...YIKES...epidural...and at 4:05 little Isaac was in my arms!

He is adorable and GOOD! He is a gift from the Lord and I feel so blessed he is ours! I just thanked God for him all night last night!

Pictures SOON to come!

6 comments:

Jae said...

He is so sweet and so cute. I loved holding him. I am glad you don't have to be SO hot and sweat too much anymore!

Silena Cvacho said...

I am just sooo happy Jason made it back alive!! and he made it in time too!! Happy Birthday Jason, what a sweet gift, Isaac!! Love ya'll, Silena

Trace Car Driver said...

love love love baby isaac!!! wish i could have held him longer, but my 3 boys were quite ready to go! so glad jason made it home on time too. *and even though i'm not having any more kiddo's, i'm still so mad at dr adcock for sending me home at 37 wks and 5 cm, and sending you downstairs to have one at 4 :) gah. he just loves you more than me :)

we love you dollar fam and love our new cousin too!

Shalita said...

Isaac is one PRECIOUS baby! Thank you, Lord for sharing another Dollar gift with us!!!
We LOVE you guys!!!!

bretsgirl said...

You know that I loved being with you all week! The highlight was definitely Thursday!! Isaac is so adorable and you did such a great job!!!

Cindy Jones said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I can't wait to see him. Hopefully I wont have to wait until dance starts back.