Monday, June 8, 2009

WHEW...

VBS...Check! What a fun time! I loved the way our church did it this year. They combined classes so there were 4 teachers in our 1 class and each teacher took a night! So I only had to teach 1 night!! Which was enough for this preggers!! But it was FUN! and It was great fellowship too!

The Drive-In to see Up...Check! That one didn't go according to plan! But we still had fun! Which reminds me I need to take the AntBully back...it was a W-I-E-R-D movie!

Alabama Adventure...check! It was the funnest day of the kids lives! They have never been before and they loved it! This particular "roller coaster" was Anna's favorite. Noah said he rode it 20 times before they got off! Friday when we got to the park it was 65 degrees! I had to apologize to the group we sorta went with because I think I prayed that on us!! I was so scared it was going to be miserably hot that we wouldn't stay long! Well, it was a GREAT day for Alabama Adventure...no lines...no waiting - we stayed from 12-8:30pm. Around 4 the sun came out and the kids enjoyed the water park and slides! They just had a GREAT day! All I could do was the lazy river! That was my personal favorite!

Noah's favorite was the Rampage! Jason convinced him to go with him on it. I would have NEVER done that at 7 years old. He did almost cry when Jason asked him to ride it again but now...it was his all time favorite ride!!

And finally....


For those of you who only read the blog this will come as "news" to you but for all those who have prayed us through this process...CHECK!!! Jason is the next pastor at Rock Mountain Lakes Baptist Church! Thank you for all your prayers family and friends! At times it was hard to make this decision and by your prayers we are rejoicing! The church is full of amazing people ready to see God work and move in their midst...ready for the Lord to use them to make a difference in their community and world! Thank you Thank you Thank you! We are SO EXCITED and feel extremely blessed!!

4 comments:

Trace Car Driver said...

jealous? check! (of all the fun you are having with your kids, while i am working away my days. makes me sad!!) i know, it's just part of life but some days it's harder to accept than others :) back to your post- looks like great fun. very proud of you for making it friday. and btw, where was mary mae?? with granny? or sally? didn't see any pics of her! and PTL for the new church!

Jae said...

Aren't you glad you aren't working this summer? Yeah, I think I know the answer to that! I am so glad Jason got the job, but sad you are leaving RBC. Well, I mean I know it is awesome. I will still see you. Ready to order makeup yet?

Silena Cvacho said...

I am sooo happy about the new church!! I know that is a huge burden off your backs! I want you guys to move out our way!! It would be awesome to be close to each other!! Happy Summer!! See you tomorrow! Love ya, Silena

Missy said...

Man what a fun time ya'll are having this summer!
Where is the church?
So glad for you guys!