Friday, February 20, 2009

We Have an Answer


March 2007 - Jason and I bought this cute little Honda Civic. That was back when we had 2 kids and a stable income. Ahhh...

6 months later I found out I was pregnant with Mary...and that same month Jason quit the church to pursue youth apologetics with the Apologetics Resource Center. Life Changed...

Than Mary finally got here and we rode around like this...And several people asked us...what are you going to do about how y'all ride around. And Jason and I were going to ride around like this for as long as Noah's little butt could squeeze in the middle of a booster seat and car seat. Well, of course the story continues...AND, four months ago we found out we were pregnant with #4. And we thought and thought HOW to make our little civic fit us all in...and folks...there was JUST NO WAY! I even told Jason...we will just have to drive separate cars - we don't go that many places ALL together!

But the Lord saw fit to provide. He always does. One Wednesday night a youth pastor at SMI wanted Jason to speak to the youth about missions because they had an upcoming missions conference and he wanted to get the kids thinking about missions. Honestly - I didn't want him to go - our time together has been minimal lately and he wasn't excited about it either because he was just all out exhausted. But he did go and teach and enjoyed it. While there he met Garrick (the General Sales Manager at Serra Honda in Ensley). Well...long story short they got to talking about our ever growing family - our car...and he told us to come see him...and we did - today! And, he gave us a great deal! We were very pleased with him and his staff and our new car! It was all a "God thing" and I think even he can testify to that. So now we can all take a deep breath in our new to us...2004 Honda Odyssey! WHOO HOO!!

The Kids Perspective...Anna and Noah just love it! Noah has been the funniest though. He got up WAY before we did Sat. and looked out the window to see what color it was and then went back to bed. We got the car at night so they couldn't see it good at all. I also heard Noah tell Jason he couldn't "believe our Civic grew up into this!" So I guess we just "grew up"! They are funny! Look at Mary she's even happy about it!! Noah's not laying on her anymore!!




11 comments:

Silena Cvacho said...

I am soooo happy for you guys!! You know how much I hate Honda Civics!! God is so Awesome!! Thank you for your testimony of His faithfulness! My heart needed it! I can't wait to go on a ride! Will Will and Francie fit too? Love ya, Silena

Amy said...

Yep, I was just thinking about that the other day! I remember when you showed up at my house with the little car. I am very excited for you!!
Now put Mary in a big girl car seat for heaven's sake! She needs to be facing forward instead of having to look at her silly brother!!

Trace Car Driver said...

yes silena, cousins fit great in a van too :) i've got 4 carseats in mine, sometimes i think caden and lala came built in with the van. ha! i'm excited for your new van page, but mostly that god does provide when we are obedient!! can't wait to see it! i love the pics, and mary smiling is so cute!! so is the other pumpkin seat gonna go by mary and anna shift to the back??

Holly Flores said...

They don't fight over the middle seat? If not, I am impressed! It's nice. Congratulations and God is so good.

Jae said...

The last was was me. Not HOlly Flores. I forgot we were making her a blog last night...oops!

bretsgirl said...

Page that is awesome!!! How exciting!!! =o) I can't to ride in it!!! =o) Remember when you got the car- how we rode around my neighborhood!!! Its that time again!! But this time, all the kids will actually fit!! LOL

Rachel Garcia said...

I love it!!! we have the same car.. except mine is a 2000 but its the same color. You have so got to check out the post I wrote today about minivans!!

care-in said...

I am so happy for you guys...what a great story to share with your kiddos.

michelle said...

YAY!!! I am so excited for you :) That is so great!

Missy said...

Congratulations on your mini van!
I am very happy for you :)

Keisha said...

I love IT!! Those are God stories Paige!
Congrats on your healthy baby Boy!! God is Good!
Blessings,
Keisha