Saturday, December 15, 2007

Calling My Prayer Warriors!!

I really wanted to ask each of you who regularly visit the blog to please pray for my friend Brooke. She's in the hospital with a brain lesion! Brook was my VERY BEST FRIEND in 8th grade and because of a school split I never saw her after that year. I've always thought so much of her and hoped I would one day be in touch with her again. And when reading the newspaper one day I found a way too! Since then we've caught up on email and I just LOVE hearing from her. She is a VERY strong believer which was so encouraging to me when we started communicating again! Here is her blog that was made to keep people up to date on her situation: http://brookebacak.blogspot.com/

Below is a blog her husband wrote concerning her condition:

The head neurologist came in and told us some specific information you can pray about. They found one 3/4 centimeter lesion on her brain... Scary.---Good news, they believe it is the cause of all her problems...They do know where the lesion is location, but they don't know what it is yet. They will be running tests all weekend and through next week. They mentioned possible problems, but no need to worry anyone yet. It could be a simple fix with steroids, a viral disease, or any number of other things... The possibility of it being "something else" is scary but we know God is in control of the situation.Thank God --- they finally found the area causing the problem.HERE'S MY REQUEST....We know the problem -- but we have to get rid of it... Your prayers is truly having a calming effect on us.. Please keep it up..Love y'all..

Please pray!
Thank you!

4 comments:

Christy said...

I recognize her. I must have seen pictures when we first met or something.

The Ferrill's said...

praying, Page...

Rachel Garcia said...

count me in..

Brooke Bacak said...

Page!!! It's BROOKE! I'm so excited to find this again. I've been reading your posts, and I got your sweet card and ornament today. THANK YOU. That ornament is really beautiful. I've never seen anything like it, but it's perfect. I was really touched by your thoughtfulness.

I was just telling Jason that I couldn't find your email address or blog (even without the issues, I'm scatter-brained!), but I was just able to pull this up. I was so HUMBLED to see that you wrote about me and that your friends are praying. THANK YOU. Prayers are totally getting us through this right now. We feel like we've been hit HARD, but we are making it. The hardest part is the unknown. I know that I am so vulnerable right now, and I'm trying to be strong. I know inside that our God is a god of peace and comfort; the fear and doubt that I've been feeling are straight from Satan. I'm working hard to fight him off. When I see and hear about all the people--friends and strangers--who are praying, I feel like I have an entire army behind me! Everyone should be this lucky...

I'll do better about keeping up, whether on our blog or otherwise. I treasure your friendship and know that God brought us together for a reason. I'm so glad that the news about my illness found its way to you. We will not lose touch again!

One request--as you pray, will you remember my parents? The hardest part about being in the hospital was seeing the fear and concern on their faces. My heart is broken for them...

On another note, I cannot believe that your house was robbed!!! I am SO SORRY. I just can't believe it... I know there's never a good time for things like that, but right here at Christmas seems so terrible. I'll pray for that situation.

Better get to sleep. Thank you, more than I can say, for your friendship and support.