Monday, October 8, 2007

Finding Joy and Laughter...

This post was from Monday...
WOW, today I was going for a routine Dr. visit - 11 weeks - tomorrow 12! Whoo hoo! Hoping to soon be out of the Yucks!! First I hate, hate, hate when the Dr. you are to see is on call! That is always frustrating and they will ALWAYS deliver while you are waiting. So, I waited a hour for a room b/c the Dr. was delivering a baby!
Get a room and the nurse says - "Let's see if we can hear the heartbeat!" I love that heartbeat and I heard a heartbeat but they said "That's yours!" DANG! The nurse searched and searched and called another nurse in to search - nothing. She said the Dr. is gonna want to do a sonogram so get ready for that! When she left the room immediate tears! I was so anxious! I didn't want to make a scene - I had no reason to worry YET! I held it together as I just prayed for peace and prayed that my baby was safe. A million thoughts went through my mind, from how to tell people I'd miscarried to wonder how long it's been like this. What kept me calm was that I had not had any "complications". And I did get calm - while waiting the nurse came in and said, "the Dr. went to delivery again!" AGAIN!! AAHHH!! I waited about 30-45mins with the sono machine right next to me and if I could have figured that thing out I would have tried to see the baby myself - realizing Jason and I didn't have the money to fix what I would have probably broke I kept my hands to myself. I had gotten myself together and in comes Dr. Ross - a whirlwind rushing back up - he was full of apologies and knew I was a wreck waiting for him - the tears were back full force. He said let's get this done so you can relax and then we can talk! He said, "I'm gonna let you know the minute I see something!" and then those words - "We're FINE!!" Tears still come streaming! How exciting - we're fine! And I got to see my sweet baby! That heart just a beating - I even saw a kick! My tears of sadness were all of sudden replaced with laughter and tears of joy! He said, "Oh, he's even big! Look, head, backbone, legs..." His excitement matched mine! We just watched all of us - Dr, nurse, and me! I must say I LOVE my practice - they seem to be really in it with you! I know the wait was horrible but the result was GREAT an answer to prayer for me! I wasn't expecting so much emotion even still but it's amazing to see this little person - no longer a mouse folks!! And "We're FINE!" I know it's hard to make out sono pictures but I wanted to share with you what brought me so much relief and joy this morning...So here is the souvenir from a hard day at the Dr.

16 comments:

Amy said...

Praise the Lord! I am glad you and Baby are fine! I have been wondering how you were feeling. And baby is already big - YIKES

Virginia said...

I am so glad for you- I know that is such a scary feeling. :) Glad everything is ok!

beth spray said...

wow- what an emotional rollercoaster you must have been on. praises that all is well and baby dollar is growing! hope you are feeling better, too!! God is good - all the time!

Robyn said...

How exciting. I am so glad everything was good. I know how scared you must have been. Now the Dr. said "He" is big. Does that mean another boy or was that just a generic term. Hopefully big doesn't mean BIG. But hey if I can have a 10lb 4oz baby anybody can. My favorite part was hearing the heartbeat too. Glad that everything is good!!
Love ya!
Robyn :)

care-in said...

I'm so glad everything is okay. I really can't see anything in that picture! What happened to the mouse?!!

The Ferrill's said...

What a precious baby! He looks just like you, Page! :)

Christy D said...

I actually got tears while reading this. I love how excited you are about this baby...I don't remember you being this way with the other 2 pregnancy's. This one seems extra special.

Shalita said...

Oh, that sweet baby! As I sit here holding my little Ella Kate, I recall a morning calling both Bobby and Laine and crying because I had not felt the baby move in 24 hours. And, as usual, God poured his sweet mercy upon me and allowed me to feel that precious movement! As exciting and fun as pregnancy can be(minus the all day long sickness), it is just as scary! Praise the Lord that all is well!!
Jacey Grace and I were having a conversation about you this morning. She is convinced the baby is a girl. She has now changed her name from Shalita to Lilly. Maybe you could name her Granny Lilly Dollar. You could nickname her Granny Lil!
I missed you and Anna Tuesday! Call me if you need me!!! I am still praying for you!
Love you!!!

Graced said...

Thank you God for great doctors and sonograms!

Trace Car Driver said...

so we all know why you really love our doctors. not to mention any names dr a! hahaha!!! wow, if i'm seeing what i think i'm seeing... that IS a big baby! but hey, you made it thru noah and anna, so this one should be a piece of cake :) praise god that everything is looking good. hope this 12th week is the best yet!!! love ya

Rachel Garcia said...

hey girl..Dr. Ross is my doc too and, in that patient/doctor way only, I love him! What a nightmare though..you would think another doctor could have just popped his head in the room long enough to do the sonogram... praise the Lord everything was great! And how exciting that your, no longer mouse, is fully formed.. yet very small.. what a miracle! Isn't God wonderful. I am already bitting at the bit to have the next one. I'll live vicariously through you for the time. Congrats.

Kim said...

I just love that practice! I got tears in my eyes, too. Felix's pregnancy was special because I knew what to expect (lots of puking) so that I could enjoy what I knew would be a brief season. I even felt accustomed to being sick so that even was mundane (kind of). It was neat knowing he was growing and becoming Felix! Praise the Lord your baby is well!

Abbey said...

Yay, girl! That is good news!
We go to church with Nate and Cheryl (Dr. Ross & wife) and they're in our small group. So don't ya'll go too crazy on the lovie-dovies now, or I'll tell!! Ha! Joking...
But you are so right. He does enter right in to what he does and he loves it. They are both a vital part of our incredible church family.
His wife has been an awesome blessing to me personally too. She's great.

Southern Cheesehead said...

Hallelujah!!!! I love my group of docs too! Dr. Ross actually delivered my last one...Carson since he came extra early. Dr. Adcock had scheduled my c-section about a week and 1/2 earlier than my due date since it was my 2nd, but Carson had other plans. It should have clued me in to what I was in store for with him...a mind of his own! They are all so wonderful and encouraging. We've always prayed for that practice ever since we've gone there that the Lord would bless it and I believe that He has!

michelle said...

YAY!!! I am so sorry about the scare. I too see Dr. Ross and I love him too. He delivered Chad and it was such a fun, sweet time.

Missy said...

So glad all is well with your baby. I'm sure you will get over the yucks soon. I live near, so let me know if I can ever help you! I mean it!