Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Can't Keep a Secret


How many of these things do I have to take before I can believe ONE of them?!? Well, the results are in and I'M PREGNANT! So excited! VERY NERVOUS! We don't quite understand God's timing but we will take the "blessing"! The more I think about timing the more I realize - there is NO GOOD TIME! You just gotta go with it! If you know me - you know I can't keep something like this (or good Christmas presents) a secret! So, I'm VERY EARLY PREGNANT - 4 weeks! But pregnant non-the-least!


Funny how it all worked out! Yesterday I looked up when I should start my period - I do that occasionally when I feel like it's coming on...and it said I should have started yesterday. I held off buying a test because come on one day...well, in the mail yesterday we got a box of Emfamil - as an advertisement! I laughed to myself and thought - wouldn't that be funny! But then, I never started (and I can't stand not knowing) so that night I went to the store and bought a "Equate" test - the results didn't come up fast - I did see a negative though so I chunked it and I hate to say it was a tad relieved (only b/c of timing - June would have been GREAT). This morning still no period so I don't know what possessed me to get the thing out of the trash but I did and it was a BIG POSITIVE! So, I took another but again the results weren't fast so I stuck it in the toilet to get it more wet (disgusting I know) but I also thought - this will dilute it and it will say no and I can make it through the day without being so nervous! BUT, it said POSITIVE!! So tonight I bought a good ole EPT! Immediately positive and just to be sure I took the last "Equate" test and they all came back POSITIVE! So, I think it's pretty safe to say - We're HAVING A BABY!


(why this came in the mail I have NO IDEA - my kids are 5 and 3)

Noah is so excited and can't believe it because he said "Mom, you're not even fat!" Love that boy! But the questions are starting to come - like "how does it come out!" AAAAHHHH!! Didn't have to answer those questions when pregnant with Anna! Any clever answers? Jason is away at retreat but he is SO excited and was telling everyone he pasted - Baby #3 on the way! I could hear cheers in the background! It was funny, I did cry to him because of all the changes in our life - I felt irresponsible - but he quickly reassured me the Lord was in control, children are a blessing from the Lord, and that he (Jason) couldn't be more thrilled! I wish he could have been here (although he probably would have told me to quit taking so many tests)!


So, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY that I'm not going to get sick! With Noah I was horrible sick, Anna, a little better, so pray this is not at all! I must work the next couple of months while we raise support! The Lord is faithful and I know He will work it out - He's done it twice before!


So YAY, YAY, YAY!!

20 comments:

michelle said...

Oh YAY!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys! That is so awesome!

Virginia said...

Woohoo! CONGRATS!

With this pregnancy, I didn't even TAKE a test- lol! I was that sure I was pregnant that I just went ahead and made an appt. I was a lot further along than you though. ;)

Anonymous said...

woo hoo!!!!! i can't wait to hog your new baby! hahaha!!! for real, i am so excited for ya'll. i guess i believe you after 4 tests, but i still want you to go see dr adcock... plus, you know you want too!!! LoL. well i will be praying for you but i know things will be wonderful. i was thinkin you and jason better be getting busy b/c you have a lot of catching up to do before you are on your 11th like ann, who i know is your inspiration :-) ha! anyways... love the whole sticking the second test in the toilet, still can't believe you told everyone that you goob!! i love you cuz!!!!!!!!!!!! jme

The Ferrill's said...

Awwwww...another Dollar! I can't wait! Page, have I ever told you the story of how Katie Lyn and Colby found out about babies? Well, it all started with our two dogs in the backyard....remind me to tell you that someday!
I'm SO thrilled for your family!
Blessings to you all,
Laine

Janet said...

Paige you are so funny! I just love reading your blog. It inspires me to write more on our blog....I haven't actually done much more writing, but it does inspire me! ;)

Wow, congrats to you!! And congrats on all the new stuff you guys have going on. What an exciting time in your life.

Janet said...

Yikes! Ok I accidentatly posted the same comment twice. So then I deleted it. And now it shows that I deleted it. Soooo just letting you know that I am not trying to cover up some hidden response.... I'm just suffering from a lack of sleep! You will join me in the lack of sleep club in about 9 months! Yeah. But it is sooo worth it. Nothing like a newborn!

So again, CONGRATS!

Shalita said...

OK, I am going to help you count, since you tend to have trouble. Right now you are Dollar Family of Four. When the baby comes, you will be Dollar Family of Five or is that Six? LOL!! I still have goose bumps every time I think about you being pregnant. I am so very excited for you guys! Jacey Grace could not wait to tell her Daddy that Ms. Page Dollar is going to have a baby! He is very excited for you and Jason! And you are so right about God's timing----it is ALWAYS PERFECT!! Will we ever learn to stop second guessing our Precious Father? He did create us and knows every detail of our lives yesterday, today and tomorrow. I will so pray for a sick free pregnancy. I cannot wait for you to add #3 to your family----it is so incredible! Our family seems so complete with Ella Kate. Remember, she is quite a Godly surprise.
And I am with Jamie, did you have to tell everyone about the stick in the toilet? You crack me up! Between you and Laine, your toilet bowls are feeling loved! At least the doctor told Laine to stick her hand in the toilet water!
I cannot wait to hold Little Baby Dollar since Ella Kate is already getting too big. I cannot wait to see Anna and Noah holding their baby sibling! Too sweet and too much fun! Congrats again!!!
Love you, Shalita

Geoff said...

WOW! Congratulations guys!!

Rachel Garcia said...

awww girl! That is awesome. I laughed so hard when I opened up to your blog and saw four pregnancy tests. LOL! When I was pregnant with Miguel I took like three tests trying to get a different answer.

I am so jealous girl. I wondered who would get preggers first. Both of us had the fever.. I guess yours broke first! And I will pray you don't get as sick with this little bundle. I always said I would name my next one Zofran just because I take it so much during pregnancy. So tell me one thing.. since you have one of each are you going to find out the sex on this one??

Robyn said...

Hey Page I am finally commenting on your blog and what a time to do it. How exciting that there will be another precious child in your life. God's timing is always the right timing even if we don't understand it. The whole putting your hand in the toilet I could have done without but hey you gotta do what you gotta do. Congratulations!! I am really happy for you guys!!
Love ya!
Robyn :)

Dollar General said...

WHOO HOO a comment from Robyn!! If I knew it took getting pregnant for you to comment I would have done this months ago -HA!

Rachel, I HOPE, HOPE, HOPE I can not find out this time - but who knows when I'm in the utrasound room?!? It seems like if I didn't find out it would keep SOMETHING exciting for the third time. But, like I said - I hate not knowing things I COULD know - so - we'll see! Right now - I'm not anxious to know!

care-in said...

Congrats! That fever sure is going around! I'm too cheap to buy a preg test early so I'm just waiting!

Dollar General said...

Karen I wish you still lived in 'ham b/c I have an extra one!

Rachel Garcia said...

Page you are too funny.. i will say this.. we didn't find out with either of ours.. but it took me saying from the moment I walked in the ultrasound room. "dont even ask me.. i don't want to know. If you ask me, I will cave." But it was so awesome to anticipate it in the delivery room.. and then Big Jorge helped "catch" so he got to announce what it was. Oh so fun. I figure it could be easier since you already have "stuff' for either sex. .but if you are a planner, I totally understand. I wait until the last minute for everything. We didn't paint their rooms until they were two weeks old! Ha.

Oh and please get that little application for the top of your blog page that tells how far along you are. I want to live vicariously through your pregnancy.

I am so thrilled for you. Yay!

Dollar General said...

I'll get a ticker but right now I'm four weeks! Almost 5 Monday! The only "Baby Stories" I cry at are the ones where the parents didn't know! It just seems so exciting! AND, when I think about when I got my ultrasound I cried when they told me it was a boy and when it was a girl. SO, I'll do what you said and just up front say I DON'T WANT TO KNOW! I may tell them before I even go!!

Southern Cheesehead said...

Congrats! It was so great talking to you at the airport...glad you helped me put 2 and 2 together...I truly felt stupid that I didn't know all that!!!
Anyway...glad to add you as a blogging buddy too!

Southern Cheesehead said...

BTW, Laine...I remember that story and yes, Page HAS to hear that one!

Also, to your "anonymous" cuz..jme - I go to Dr. Adcock too and just love that whole group!! I regret that Dr. A didn't get to deliver either of my 2 boys though...they had their own time tables!

Christy said...

I can't believe that you don't want to find out if it's a boy or girl! I bet you will. It's too exciting not to know + I'll be so sad if you don't. I'm dying to know right now!!! Any names picked out? By the way, I called your dad today and together we figured out what ingredient I was missing...ROTTEL!! I always forget that one.

Jason Dollar said...

I love you woman. Thanks for telling the world ALL the disgusting details about the testing process. That really makes for a good blog.

"Thrilled" is an understatement.

Abbey said...

Girl, that is so very exciting! I will be praying for a non-pukey pregnancy. THose are rough...
Congratulations!!