Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day!
I hope everyone one had a GREAT Mother's Day! We had a very fun and relaxing day! Sunday Morning I got the cutest gift from Noah - that he made at school, Anna gave me a sweet card she made on the computer...And LAINE - Jason got me the book you recommended, How to be a Mary in a Martha World. Can't wait to read it! I'm hoping it is just the thing I need spiritually to press on in this race. So, that was fun - getting presents - and sweet homemade ones!
But the best part of the day for me was that Sally had prepared a Muffins with Mom for Sunday School. I thought we would just eat with the kids but she went all out! She decorated the fellowship hall with Balloons and Flowers - she had muffins, fruit, donuts, juice. She had really put some work into it. All by herself - b/c all the mothers that would have helped - she was honoring! She sat us at the "Special" decorated table and the kids ate at a different table. Then they all came together and sang a song and played instruments. The kids went wild towards the end b/c she challenged and encouraged us in our parenting. So to the kids (all ages ranging from 2-8) she wasn't teaching them. But despite that, it was fun, beautiful, delicious, relaxing, entertaining...and all the rest! Thanks Sally!
Then Jason's parents came to church with us, we took them to Applebees, and then they came and hung out at our house. And then my parents came over (and Silena & Clint) and we all hung out and ate Pizza! That was just so fun to not do anything just hang around the house and celebrate our moms. This is the first year we have spent Mother's Day with Jason's parents - since we have been married - which is 7 years! So it was very special for Jason to get to "enjoy" his Mom on her day!
I would love to hear how everyone else's day went! Be sure to comment on your special day! Let me know the best thing! Love ya Mothers!!

4 comments:

The Ferrill's said...

Yay Page! I'm so glad you got the book! Sounds like you had an awesome Mother's Day! You already know what we did since you read my blog! We did go to Joel's for lunch and then Rob's parents. Then I totally vegged on the couch the rest of the evening! LOVE IT!
See you at recital!
Laine

Amyee said...

I am so glad to hear you had a really great day! I ws met with beautiful smiling faces with cards, hugs and kisses! Ivey made a really special card and it brought me to tears, what a blessing! Robby made a cute gift in his class, and of course he got to eat the hershey kisses too!! I had muffins with Elijah in his class. Keith showered me with extra hugs and kisses too! We did spend the afternoon with his family. It was a relaxing afternoon. I cooked dinner on Saturday for my parents, grandmother and brother and once again I was reminded how precious life is and not to take a moment for granted, who knows when it will be the last. God is good, ain't He Page! Love you!!

Amyee said...

By the way, TAG!

-C said...

About to do the Mary/Martha book in a summer Bible study ... I can't wait. :)