Yes, that's the song that is running through my head!! YEA! We are out of school! Here are some pictures of the last days! It was a GREAT first year for Jason and Noah!
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Monday, May 21, 2007
What can I say: She's rotten! But it really was a GREAT recital! We had fun - all the girls did GREAT and Shalita was cute as a bug! She was so calm. The day of rehersal I was DREADING the whole thing. It just seemed so long and I didn't know what to expect! But Shalita made me so relaxed. She wasn't worried about a thing and she was even laughing and having a good time - so it seemed - not sure what her real emotions were! Laine you helped too! Talking and laughing with me - taking my mind off the TIME! The only thing I regret was not taking Jason to rehersal with me! Because Anna did so good there! She was loving the stage - she couldn't wait till it was her turn again! But Jason thought the whole thing was hilarious! We all were laughing it was a hard emotion to explain! I know you mother's reading this can relate - Laughing/Crying emotion!
I've posted some pictures of the day! Thanks Shalita! And thank you Delilah for coming and for making Anna a Cake! It was so cute! The girl is OBSESSED with cake - you made her day! Sally, I'm so glad you were there too! I hope you had a GREAT time! And Laine, you owe me money for Nell's lunch! JUST KIDDING! She bought her own! HA! I have some great pictures of KL and D I'll pass along to you! I hope you don't mind I posted them on the WEB!!
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Well last night I was giving Anna a bath. I let her play for a little while in the tub. All of a sudden she starts to cry. I said, "Anna, what's wrong?" She said, "I don't know!" I turn the corner to see my razor in the tub and blood streaming from her thumb. She was in hysterics! I was a little too, b/c some of you may know that last year around this same time I was cooking for a couples dinner at my bible study. I was slicing an onion with my new Pampered Chef "Slice and Grate" and the part that holds the onion wasn't working so I just was going to try it with my hands. BIG MISTAKE! SLICED MY THUMB! I had to go to the ER and get it cauterized, had a technis shot, I got it all wrapped up and I was sent home. Missed the dinner!
Well, Jason wouldn't let me take Anna last night b/c he said it wasn't as deep as mine. And it wasn't. But this morning I took her to her doctor so they could tell me how to keep it clean and to ease my own conscious. They cleaned it and bandaged it up - Just like mine! I was shocked not only the same experience but the same hand, same thumb! Like mother, like daughter.
Just a little note, she is a big time thumb sucker. She is very particular about what thumb she sucks - and you guessed it, it's injured! So, I'm hoping if ANYTHING good can come out of it that MAYBE she will stop being a thumb sucker!
Makes me so thankful that both my kids aren't accident prone! YET!!
PS. Keith and Amy don't laugh at my traumatic story! I've been thinking the whole time I'm writing this how you laughed at me when I showed Ivey my "scar."
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
I'll start with the weirdest...
1. I've been praying (not everyday - but still praying) since High School that I would one day have twins. My anatomy teacher told me that it could happen!
2. On that same note - the best day of my life is the birth of Noah and Anna - really Labor and Delivery is my favorite day! I love being pregnant and I love to hear other people's baby stories. Can't wait to add to my family!
3. All praise to God - Jason and I just had a HUGE breakthrough in our debt payoff. It came from an very unexpected place and it is only a God thing! Thank you LORD! We now see a light at the end of the tunnel - more reason to press on!
4. These are so random - but Amy Watson gave me the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe. I just got done making a batch - go make some! It's on the back of the Blue Bonnet stick butter box - try them and tell me they are not the best cookies!
5. I won a Jazzercision award from Heidi and Helga this year! HAHA! Laine can vouch for this: I was addicted to Jazzercise for a whole year! I tried not to miss a class. I really need to get that addiction back - I never had to diet and since I've been out of class - which has been since Noah started school I've gained weight and have lost all my toneness!! So, here's the secret - Jazzercise - it shows! Ha!
6. This April was the first time I had been to the beach since Hurricane Ivan. I could not believe how much I missed it and I'm looking for any possible way to get back. We are going 3 times this year. I just got back. 1 down 2 to go! I got caught in an undertoe in High School and I hate getting in the ocean though. I'm scared to get in past my knees but this year I got in to my hips. I'm FACING MY FEAR! My favorite beach moments are sitting at a pool that is on the beach. So you are at the pool but see and hear the beach! That's the life!
7. I hate the whole getting ready process (as I delay it right now). I wish I could just blink and be completely ready - showered, fixed hair and make up, clothes...all of it done! Or, I wish I didn't have to do the same thing EVERY DAY!! It seems like I just got ready and here I am again - in desparate need of a shower! I mean it was only 24 hours ago!! Okay, see I go through this conversation with myself all the time! I hate the process! Not the result - I love to feel clean and fresh! Just the whole process...
Okay so I have to go get ready now! Thanks Amy - I have no idea who to tag! Seems I'm the last one to do this. So...we'll see.
Monday, May 14, 2007
I hope everyone one had a GREAT Mother's Day! We had a very fun and relaxing day! Sunday Morning I got the cutest gift from Noah - that he made at school, Anna gave me a sweet card she made on the computer...And LAINE - Jason got me the book you recommended, How to be a Mary in a Martha World. Can't wait to read it! I'm hoping it is just the thing I need spiritually to press on in this race. So, that was fun - getting presents - and sweet homemade ones!